Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A Long Way Gone #6
Reflection
I loved this book. From start to finish this book kept me hooked and always thinking. I recommended this book to numerous friends because I learned so much throughout the whole book and I really enjoyed reading it. If Ishmael Beah would write another book I would buy it the day it comes out. Ishmaels story is an amazing on and he is an amazing author and knows how to tell the story perfectly. I can honestly say I was not expecting to like this book very much and after reading about a chapter I instantly loved it! I really enjoyed reading this book and I am happy I chose it for my outside reading book for the third semester.

Five Facts
  1. I learned that Ishmael Beah was taken into the African at age 14.
  2. I learned that there are more rescued child soldiers besides Ishmael Beah.
  3. I learned that because the government doesn't make rescuing child soldiers a priority that there are organisations just for helping child soldiers.
  4. I learned that it took over six years of therapy for Ishmael Beah to forgive himself for some of the things he did while in the army.
  5. I learned that Ishmael now travels the world speaking to people and telling them his story.

No comments:

Post a Comment