Sunday, March 10, 2013

A Long Way Gone #4
Summary
This week i finished Ishmael Beahs story A Long Way Gone. I loved this story, after I finished the book I sat in my room for about an hour just thinking about the book. I thought deeply about how Ishmael could transform from a sweet boy into a monster, and back into an amazing person. Ishmael tells a remarkable story and this book was an experience to read. He ended the book telling the reader about how he has come so far from a child in africa to a soldier, and now an amazing public speaker who teaches people about life and all the things that come along with it.Ishmael knew how it felt to have nothing and when he left africa and came to America he knew he didn't want anyone to have to go through what he went through so he dedicated all his time to educating people about child soldiers and doing everything he can to help them. I loved this book and will probably end up reading it again in the near future.



Review
This book has forever gained a spot in my heart, I've said it before and i'll say it again... I love this book! I have  recommended it to numerous people and I think this is a great book for anyone. Ishmaels journey is an unforgettable one that is interesting, educational, and engaging to read. This book made me think completely different about my life and everyone elses lives. It truly puts everything into perspective. I would love to meet Ishmael one day just so I can ask him questions that i have and hear the things that he might not have mentioned in his book. This book is amazing and if you think you might be interested in it, read it! When I first saw this book I didn't know if I would like it or not but as soon as i finished the first chapter i couldn't put it down!


Focus
This week my focus was "What are some things you learned while reading this book?". Well I learned a lot of things reading this boom but the one main thing I learned is that you have to be thankful for the things you have. A lot of people dont realize how fortunate they are, after reading this book I learned that it can be a lot worse. The things that these kids are put through is incredible and practically makes the kids go crazy because they cant handle such extreme and horrible things at such a young age. I am just so thankful that I am fortunate enough to have a loving family and all the amazing people and things in my life. This book can make you really think, you learn a lot! I suggest that anyone should read it.

Sources
Here is a video of Ishmael Beah.
Here is an article about Ishmael Beah.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Thomas. You still have one full post left, but you have already finished your book. We are going to have to tweak the last blog post for you to finish the assignment.
    Summary- 5/5
    Review- 5/5
    Focus- 5/5
    Sources- 5/5
    Pictures/video- 5/5
    Grammar/spelling- 4/5
    Total- 29/30

    ReplyDelete