Sunday, March 17, 2013

A Long Way Gone #5
Summary
This week I did my blog on an article about how colleges in Sierra Leone, Africa are offering college education to rescued child soldiers. I chose this article because it relates to how Ishmael Beah got rescued, came to the United States and practically started a new life for himself. The article talks about how the kids are emotionally scarred and beaten but they want to give them opportunities to find themselves again. I really like this because it shows that the people of Sierra Leone care about their own and want to support the people of their country.


Review
I really enjoyed reading this article, it also led me to other articles that helped me to learn a lot more about the child soldier situation in Africa. I like reading about the people that go to Africa to help the children, I think it is really inspiring. A lot of the articles I read were very sad to hear some of the things that they do to these children but learning about it was good because now I am educated about what happens to them and I have a better perspective on the topic.


Focus
My focus this week was "do you think that what you have worked on has better educated you about the topic?". I would say yes! I have learned so much more about child soldiers and the African army since I started reading this book. I also got to learn the amazing story of Ishmael Beah and see some things that i can do to help.




1 comment:

  1. Summary- 5/5
    Review- 5/5
    Focus- 3/5
    Sources- 5/5
    Pictures/video- 5/5
    Grammar/spelling- 5/5
    Total- 28/30

    ReplyDelete