Sunday, March 3, 2013

A Long Way Gone #3
Summary
This week in my book it talked about more of his emotional journey through transforming from a kind soul kid into a complete monster, doing things he never imagine, then back again after coming to the United States. After he left Africa and came to America thanks to numerous foundations it took him almost 6 years to forgive himself for the things that he was made to do. Ishamel says that it changes you, the things you have to witness when your there could transform anyone. Ishmael hated himself for a very long time, but eventually came to forgive himself and now goes around the world, telling his story and helping others. In my mind Ishmael Beah is a true modern day hero.



Review
I am in love with this book, I have recommended to a lot of my friends and family. My sister read this book before me and said she loved it just as much as me. Because of this book my sister is now very involved in many foundations like Invisible Children to help kids in need like child soldiers in Africa. That just shows how this book can dramatically affect someones thoughts about topics like this. It is hard for me to put this book down because it is just so fascinating and it has gotten me curious about things like this. I want to finish the book but yet i don't because I wont be able to read it anymore. Unfortunately he hasn't written any other books, but i truly hope he does so i can pick them  up and read them.


Focus
This week we got to select a focus of our own choice, so I decided to ask myself "Do you like the authors style of writing? Why or why not?". The answer to that question for me is a solid YES! I love the way Ishmael can engage the reader and keep them hooked into the story. i feel like because he was was actually there he can tell it better than an author writing a story about something they haven't lived. Ishmael has lived his story and can project all of his feelings and emotions vividly into his writing, giving the reader an amazing sense of what is happening. When I read his writing I feel like I am living it, like I'm Actually there. If Ishmael had more books I would pick them up right after I finish this one, I just love his writing so much I want to keep reading it over and over again!

Sources
Here is a link to Ishmael's Wikipedia page.

Here is a link to Ishmael's Twitter page.


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are enjoying the book so much! Consider changing your background to something that matches the theme of your book a little more closely. Otherwise, this looks great.
    Summary- 5/5
    Review- 5/5
    Focus- 5/5
    Sources- 5/5
    Pictures/video- 5/5
    Grammar/spelling- 4/5
    Total- 29/30

    ReplyDelete